Nationally syndicated radio and podcast host Dan Bongino is a beloved voice in the conservative movement. His future is more uncertain than ever.
Because Dan Bongino shared devastating news with his listeners.
Dan Bongino has lived his life at the service of the United States.
As a former NYPD officer and Secret Service Agent, Bongino has been tasked with some of the most dangerous and sensitive assignments a domestic officer can have.
And after rocketing to stardom around the time of the 2016 presidential election, he has been a wrecking ball against the Democrat Party and their ideological ilk.
But things are shaking up for the veteran politico.
Dan Bongino revealed his departure from Fox News on Thursday.
Bongino made the revelation on his podcast on Thursday, noting that the network had been fair to him — and good for him — over the last decade, but that recent contract negotiations had just fallen short.
Prior to his departure, Bongino presented “Unfiltered,” a weekly Saturday evening show on the flagship network, and his “Canceled in the USA” ran on the network’s subscription-based Fox Nation.
JUST IN: Fox News parts ways with @dbongino — “We thank Dan for his contributions and wish him success in his future endeavors.”
Fox News will air @LawrenceBJones3 in place of Bongino on Saturdays. https://t.co/WFXVz2TeEx
— TV News Now (@TVNewsNow) April 20, 2023
“The show ending last week was tough. It’s not some big conspiracy theory, I promise you. There’s no acrimony,” Bongino said. “We just couldn’t come to terms on an extension. That’s really it.”
“I really enjoyed myself there. They were good for me for ten years,” he continued, adding, “It’s a sad day. They did give me the opportunity to do one last show, I don’t want you to think they showed me the door. That’s on me, not on them, but I thought it was best to go this way for now.”
In a statement, Fox News said, “We thank Dan for his contributions and wish him success in his future endeavors.”
According to Forbes, ratings were not likely the cause of the split because Bongino’s Saturday show consistently topped the ratings, taking the top slot in prime time for the first quarter of 2023.
“We were the number one show 90 percent of the time. We had a great team,” Bongino agreed, and while he acknowledged that the timing was not optimal, he assured his audience that his departure was solely the result of failed contract negotiations and not because of the lawsuit that Fox News just settled with Dominion Voting Systems.
In place of “Unfiltered,” Fox News will air “Lawrence Jones Cross Country” on Saturday, with a permanent successor to be announced in the coming weeks.
For Bongino’s part, he hasn’t shared what his next steps will be – whether he’ll break out on his own or cut a deal with another network.
But with sky-high ratings over the years, there’s no doubt there will be a clamor to sign him on board by major conservative outlets.
Americans will just have to wait and see.
Stay tuned to The Federalist Wire.